Mortgage Rate Forecast-December 2020
- Bank of Canada's actions has pushed mortgage rates to record lows.
- Canadian economy bounced back in the third quarter, but the second wave looms.
- The BCREA is anticipating that the prime borrowing rate and variable mortgage rates will likely be flat over the next year, but the 5-year fixed rates may rise modestly by the middle of 2021.
- It is expected that the promising results from vaccine trials should lead to very strong economic growth in 2021 as pent-up spending floods back into the economy. We expect Canadian real GDP will grow by an average of 4 percent over the next two years.
- Bank of Canada on hold and is not sure when it should end its quantitative easing policy.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.